Four independent charge channels
It's like having four charger - nalyzers for AA and AAA NiMH / NiCD batteries.
Large backlit LCD display
Digitally displays capacity, voltage, time and current.
29 selectable charging and discharging rates. Charging current from 0.2A to 2.0A and discharging current from 0.1A to 1.0A in 0.1A increments.
Five modes of operation
1. Charge: Recharges the battery at the selected rate.
Suitable for batteries used frequently.
2. Refresh & Analyze: Charges the battery, rest for one hour, discharge, rest again, then recharges it. Selectable charging and discharging rate.
Suitable for batteries stored for more than two weeks but less than 3 month or those showing poor performance.
3. Break-In: Also known as IEC capacity measurement and "Battery Forming". Charges battery at 0.1C for 16 hours, rest for one hour, discharges battery at 0.2C, then recharges again at 0.1C for 16 hours.
Suitable for new batteries and those stored for more than 3 month.
4. Discharge: Discharges the battery at the selected rate.
5. Cycle: Performs charge-discharge cycle for up to 12 times with discharge capacity stored in memory. Recharges battery after final cycle.
This is an excellent smart charger and analyser that allows you to take care of your batteries and maximize your digital devices runtime!
In most devices, usually two or more batteries are used together. When batteries are used in a series, the performance is limited by the worst one. In other words, one poorly performing battery can significantly reduce the device runtime.
Battery matching refers to grouping batteries with similar “actual” capacity. To perform this, use the Refresh & Analyze mode to determine the battery capacity. Group batteries with capacity within about +/- 5% of the rated capacity.
Battery Forming aka battery conditioning
New batteries and those stored for extended period become chemically deactivated. Battery forming is a charge-discharge-charge cycle which forces a full charge into the battery at a very slow rate. This process activates the battery. In certain cases, it needs to be repeated two or three times.
Battery forming can be performed using the Break-In mode.
Delivers just the right charge
Independent negative delta V, temperature and timer protection eliminates over and undercharging.
Super light travel worldwide power supply and 12V compatible
Worldwide 100-240V switching adapter - light weight and small. Also compatible with 12V input. Will work on car when used with the optional cigarette lighter adapter.
Charging Current: Programmable from 0.2A to 2.0A in increments of 0.1A
Topoff Charging Current: 100mA
Maintenance Charging Current: 10mA
Discharge Termination: Voltage 1.00V
Discharge Current: Programmable from 0.1A to 1.0A in increments of 0.1A
Capacity Storage Memory: 12 (Cycle mode only)
Supported Capacity: 100 to 20,000mAh.
Charger Input Power: 12V 2.0A
Adapter Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz